TV2GO a new free-to-air Internet streaming platform which offers viewers over 100 linear channels and on-demand content has been launched in South Africa by famous South African soccer legend Jomo Sono who is the president of Infinivy SA.
Infinivy SA owns 26% of TV2GO, with Israeli firm Cast-TV, which offers the technology behind the system, owning the remaining 74%. The company is run by Cast-TV shareholder Yaron Chen.
Cast-TV intends to roll out in another three African countries, Nigeria, Kenya and Ethiopia. However, it has already introduced streaming services in Russia, Israel, Romania and the Czech Republic.
Chen declared, ‘’The TV2GO platform streams via the Web rather than dedicated apps and provides a wide range of programming, from general entertainment to sport and religion, adapted for South African audiences.’’
TV2GO is accessible via mobile phones, tablets and Internet-connected TVs and works on both mobile and fixed-line connections.
Vodacom has collaborated with TV2GO and is looking for prospects to bring the content to its customers in a more consistent way.
According to Chen, TV2GO plans to add more content with time and will update its existing channels every two months. Furthermore, the platform has plans to bring education channels to the platform, adapted for the local education system.
Overview - Established in 2017, INFINIVY is a technology company specializing in professional
video solutions for Over-The-Top (OTT) and Internet Television Video (IPTV) streaming.
INFINIVY offers advanced, versatile and rich services to TV/Mobile operators, telco
and content owners, based on its unique technology and equipment for leveraging
wireless network infrastructure, as a video delivery and Content Delivery Network
(CDN) channel, featuring the only complete, all-inclusive turnkey service package.